2/06/2014

Impress for less: Trend Alert SS14

Hey hey!

Sorry about my absence the past couple of weeks. Spent my last week off in Glasgow and finally had my first few days back at uni this week but I'm here now.

It's February- the last month of winter- and slowly but surely, we're nearing the Spring/Summer season. In hope of the sun coming out at some point, some day, I've taken a look at my favourite trends predicted for SS14 and provided a few affordable alternatives for the budget buyer. Enjoy!


~ 1 ~

From renascence and Rome to modern cubism, the world of art seems to have inspired quite a few designs. The art school look is all about the use of contrast, colour and prints.


~ 2 ~

Florals are still going strong as one of the most prominent trends for Spring/Summer catwalks which means you can recycle your daisy and rose print tee for yet another season.


~ 3 ~

Can we please just take a moment to appreciate the Elie Saab Haute Couture SS14 collection- Stunning. Just Stunning. Weather it's with chiffon, tulle or lace, embrace your femininity and let the pretty young thing out with this super girlie trend.


I guess some people aren't as into this trend as I am. At the Nina Ricci Paris show, two feminists from activist group, Femen, ran on stage topless. After one tried to pull up 18 year old Hollie-May Saker's skirt and then continued to grab her arm, the model responded with a whack and continued effortlessly down the catwalk. Ain't nobody got time for naked protesters.


~ 4 ~

I've already started my future collection of A-Line skirts with a maroon leather look midi (below). It automatically adds maturity and style to an outfit and can be dressed up with a embellished top or down with a cosy jumper.
1) Primark £12


I'm sure you've noticed that pastel colours seem to have been present in almost all of these trends. This colour is all over the catwalk now and will be all over the high street soon if it's not already so keep an eye out for that and all of the above.


Happy shopping and stay beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment