10/30/2013

Top 5 Best buys: October 2013


Hello again

I haven't done a post that focuses on my personal style since I first started blogging and I think it's about time, so this week I'll be going through my favourite 5 items that I've bought this month. What's your favourite?

Velvet shirt from Oxfam £5.99
Slightly gothic but super gorgeous!
   


Patterned Shirt from Retrospect £12
So glad I discovered this vintage retailer right at the start of my time in Aberdeen. I've got a feeling I'll be a very regular customer.



Drawstring Wedges from Ebay £11 (Incl. p+p)
Never got around to buying these when they were in store and I had to snap them up when I saw them on Ebay.


Cape-coat from Sue Ryder £6.99
The perfect coat for Autumn- It goes over everything without being bulky and restricting. 
 
 


Fur Coat- Shelter £15
It cost bit more than my other fur coat (Bernardo's £6) but I've been looking for a leopard print fur coat for too long to leave the shop without it, plus it's still a serious Bargain!
 
 

The charity shops are definitely one of my favourite things about Aberdeen so far. Never underestimate what you can find because there's something for everyone. Yes, it's a bit of a treasure hunt but that's kind of the fun thing about it. Whether it's through Ebay, a charity shop or a vintage store, thrift shopping is my favourite way to get something original whilst still staying on-trend. 
This Sunday I'll be at a Vintage fair here in Aberdeen, along with a camera and a notepad- expect some street snaps and posts throughout November based on a few vintage retailers around Aberdeen. Additionally, on Wednesday, I'll be styling and conducting a photo shoot for my course, so check back here on Thursday and take a look at the not so secret life of a Fashion Management student. For constant updates throughout all these events, follow me on instagram @brokeblackbeautiful and twitter @Broke_BB

Until next time,
Stay Beautiful


Click on the poster below to view the Facebook event.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these finds! Charity shopping is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I know! You're a bit of a pro at it lol. x

    ReplyDelete