7/06/2015

On the MDMFlow

Yay to new and original independent brands! I had a chat with Florence Adepoju, the creative mind behind MDMflow, about her handmade lipstick brand. If you love to finish an outfit off with an edgy lip colour then you need to get on that MDMflow.

   
HOW DID IT ALL BEGIN?
I studied BSc Cosmetics Science at the London College of Fashion and decided upon graduation to create a brand that represented all my influences- 90s Hip hop, street style, colour and science.

WHERE DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION?
My main sources of inspiration are hip hop and street culture. I love that hip hop is all encompassing, its real and it raw yet its aspirational and flashy. I like things that contain depth and aren't just surface level sugar coated. At the moment I'm obsessed with watching rappers being interviewed and mini documentaries. My current fave to listen to is A$AP rocky

WHO’S YOUR ULTIMATE HIP-HOP ICON?
My male icon is Notorious B.I.G and my female changes all the time but right now I would say Eve. I listen to her hit, Satisfaction, every now and then and it really resonates. "Everything I am just because I had to make it happen they never thought that I would make it rappin'" that's how I feel right now. She was a female rapper that really said it how it was. 


SOME GIRLS CAN FEEL DISCOURAGED TO WEAR BRIGHT LIP COLOUR, IF ANY AT ALL, AND ARE WORRIED THAT IT WON’T SUIT THEM, DID YOU EVER EXPERIENCE THE SAME THING IN THE PAST AND WHAT TIPS DO YOU HAVE FOR GIRLS WANTING TO CHANGE IT UP A LITTLE? 
I think I've always been a bit crazy and pushed the boat out with my beauty styling, I grew up around boys so I didn't really have an older female to lay down the rules and my mum isn't really into make-up. I always looked at music videos as inspiration, Kelis early 2000's styling still inspires me now. In my opinion the best way to change up your style is to work on your attitude and how you feel about yourself. Beauty should be an expression of how you feel and not to mask it. I don't think there is any point in rocking a look that doesn't represent you. If you are feeling classic rock try a Supreme red but if you are feeling punk, it’s Di La La black all the way. 

WHO WOULD YOU LOVE TO SEE ROCKING THE MDMFLOW

THE MDMFLOW GIRL IS… Confident and expressive 


COLOUR POP OR CHILL PASTEL?
Colour pop, I've just never really gotten into pastels, I find them very demure and I'm the opposite 

WHAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
Gourmet burgers

WHO’S YOUR MOST PLAYED ARTIST AT THE MOMENT?

WHAT BRANDS SHOULD WE BE CHECKING OUT AND WHY?
 Caudalie, a really cool French skincare brand where all the active ingredients are derived from grapes. I love everything they do. For colour cosmetics it's Nars and, for fashion, I'm really into TTYA- the perfect brand for tall girls. I also love sequins and glitter so loving Ashish too. 

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE OF MDMFLOW HOLD?
More products, more visuals, I'm also hoping to do more pop-up events, I love meeting the girls that buy my products.

FAVE QUOTE? 
"Stay far from timid
Only make moves when your heart's in it
And live the phrase Sky's The Limit" 
- Notorious B.I.G 

Images sourced fromHigh Content by Joe Starbuck

Start your MDMflow collection now and check out the MDMflow mascara, Greater Than, out now!

Broke BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment