11/13/2013

A Hipster's Paradis: Retrospect

Hey hey!

If you're a bit of an indie-vintage-oh-so-cool-hipster, the next few weeks should interest you more than my posts about current trends and Made in Chelsea (I know that might be way too mainstream for you). This week will be the first of my retro month where I'll be putting up a little info about a few stores around Aberdeen that trade in vintage fashion.

In all honesty, I don't particularly like that some may consider me to be a hipster, my older sister being the main culprit, but if I was to admit it, I'd consider myself to be the most mild form that could possibly exist. Although I do blog, love second hand clothing and have started carrying a DSLR camera around with me (often hidden in my bag and not around my neck) I can't help but express that my adoration for One Direction, Nicki Minaj and Primark is too much to ever commit to the image. For all you true hipsters in Aberdeen, I'm sure you may heard of these places years ago but I've only just discovered them so hey-ho.

Retrospect
9 St Andrew Street, AB25 1BQ


I was on the bus back from uni one day to find that I only live a couple of minutes walk away from a gorgeous and affordable vintage store owned by Psychedelic Jim and his partner, Ananda. The pair took over the store in November 2008 from their friend Claire who originally started trading in menswear but branched into women's as demand for it grew.

Vintage Levi Jackets- around £25 each

I can see myself getting pretty addicted to this place, mostly, the shirts! With prints from Hawaiian to plaid to 70's patterns, these are my favourite feature, as well as the comfortable and friendly atmosphere.

Vintage Men's Shirts- Varying around £10 each





Psychedelic Jim (the shop owner with a very memorable moustache) tells me that he's never really been very 'up with the times'. Since a young age he's always had more of an interest in the old than the new. 

"I've always had a fascination with the past"

As well as clothing, accessories and homewares, you can buy a variation of badges. Images are scanned from record sleeves and original vintage badges, then made in store by Jim himself.


A little peek at an oversized check shirt that I bought when I last went in. Just couldn't help myself! 


Come back next week for A Hipster's Paradise part 2.



Stay Beautiful,






No comments:

Post a Comment