1/06/2015

Finding Fashion: Sade Farrell



 Evening all!


So I had a wee chat with the lovely Miss Sade Farrell following her appearance at Clothes Show Live as an ASOS Graduate winner. Check her out on Facebook Instagram.

 Sade Farrell Designs

 1) How long have you been creating clothes for?
I started designing for my own label when I left university in July 2013 so I have been designing for just over a year but before that I was continuously designing and making collections for uni projects and competitions.

2) What sparked your interested in fashion design?
I have always loved clothing mainly high street fashion and when I realised that I could take my creative ideas and turn them into garments it made me want to pursue my interest further.

3) What’s your favourite fashion trend and why?
I love printed outfits. I think that you could take the most simple of silhouettes and add a colourful print onto it and it could all of a sudden turn into the most unique outfit you have ever seen.

4) Describe your brand in 3 words.
Unique, Vibrant and Bold

5) The collection you presented at Clothes Show Live 2014 had quite a primal vibe, featuring a lot of leopard print- a personal love of mine. Where do you find your inspiration?
My inspiration can stem from anything. Mainly, it comes from current events that are going on in the world. I could be looking at something and then, from that, I would have hundreds of ideas going on in my head. The collection that was sold at the Clothes Show this was inspired by African culture.

6) So the Clothes Show Live is the biggest event you've been a part of so far. How did you get the opportunity and how did you feel about that experience?
I was given a stall at the Clothes Show because I entered and won the ASOS Marketplace clothes show live graduate competition. I was so happy when I found out that I’d been chosen as one of the winners, it made me realise that professionals in the industry were seeing and liking my collections- it was also a great opportunity to network and meet people.

7) What do you have in store for your next collection?
To be honest, I haven't really been thinking about my next collection yet as I'm still getting orders for my current one but the next will be full of colour and for the summer.
  
8) When will we be able to buy your gorgeous pieces!?
I am hoping for the ASOS Marketplace boutique to launch by the end of January, it would have been sooner but I sold out of all my best sellers at the clothes show so I have had to put everything back into production again!
 
A happy customer looking #onpoint
“I am so grateful to all my friends and family who have supported me and helped me to make it to the Clothes Show- without them, this would not be possible. They all have dedicated so much time to help me achieve this.

“To anyone who is aspiring to start their own clothing line or study a fashion degree I would say just go with it. It can be one of the hardest things you ever do but it is so rewarding when you have that final collection placed in front of you.”


Well that's all for now!
Stay beautiful,


No comments:

Post a Comment