1/01/2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

New year new me!

That's what they all say..

In all honesty, I'm fairly content with the 'me' I am right now therefore I shan't take on a whole new identity because the year has reset. No 'new me' for now but I have decided to add a few realistic little changes and challenges to my life for next year. I've never really been the kind to do New Year's resolutions but I'll give it a go this year.

1) Bible in a Year
I got myself a Bible in One Year from Soul Survivor a couple of years ago and never finished it. This shall be the year! Although the readings start in September, I'm going to join in now and finish December next year because I'm bad enough with dates as it is to try and start reading the 1st September on the 1st January. Plus I can follow the daily thoughts on the readings from the guys at Soul Survivor on their blog.


2) Finish 2nd year with an A
Transferring universities last year was crazy stressful, UCAS and Student finance are the bane of my life and having to make changes to both of them took time and effort. I love the course and want to make the best out of my time here at RGU, so I won't settle for less than and A (2:1 and over for England).


3) FINISH the Squat and Ab Challenge
I don't think that I'm alone in saying I've started both of these but never seem to be able to finish it, especially not in 30 days. If all goes well, I would have already completed one resolution by the end of January and, if it all goes really well, I'll finally have a bum like a normal black woman should, toned abs and will keep it up all year. Wish me luck!


4) Wear More Colour
This is going to be a difficult one. You can guarantee I wore something black for 90% of 2013 and most years before that. I think I get it from my older sister and it's reaching point where I'll leave the house dressed as a spy with a few gold accessories. MI5 meets 2 Chainz... not ideal. So this year I'll try pushing myself out of my grayscale comfort zone and rock a bit of colour.


5) Perfect Placement
I need to get myself an amazing Fashion Styling or Visual Merchandising placement for 3 months in 3rd year. I have a long list of places I want to apply to including Urban Outfitters, Tommy Hilfiger, Motel and Company Mag, so if you've got any connections, help a sista out.  


For achieving resolutions it think it's best to keep it real and stay beautiful!


Oh and lastly, I have to share this idea that popped up on by fb news feed. Give it a go, so simple and so perfect. It might teach us to appreciate all the lovely little things as well as the great big achievements this year.
Check out : It's a Lovely Life


Happy New Year x 



No comments:

Post a Comment